Goodbye Dad

Why is death, departure from earth and entrance to heaven, so hard for those of us left behind? All stories, even the ones we love, must eventually come to an end and when they do, it's only an opportunity for another story to begin. (Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium) Wise words, but difficult to follow. Dad, while he had many faults, did have a great heart. I loved him and always will.

The hardest part was explaining all of the details to my kids. Thank God for my rock of a husband, I don't know what I would do without that wonderful man! We did it ALL together, it is awesome being part of such an incredible team. We made metaphorical references where necessary and, so far, the kids seem ok with all that has happened. Sure they have expressed fear that something will happen to Kyle or I, but the faith in our family keeps fears at bay.


We, as a family, watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium last night for our family movie night and it was significant to me. As you will see, so many quotes touched my heart. I share those here simply so that I can come and find them when I need them and, perhaps, they can help my family and Dad's friends as well.





I miss you dad. I love you!

"When King Lear dies in Act Five do you know what William Shakespeare has written? He Dies. That's all, nothing more, no fan fare, no metaphor, no brilliant final words. The culmination of the world's most inspirational work of dramatic literature is, He Died. It took Shakespeare a genius to come up with he dies. And every time I read those two words I find myself overwhelmed with dysphoria, I know its only natural to be sad, but not because of the words he dies, but because of the life we saw prior to the words" - Mr. Magorioum


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Kelly~
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad passing. I just found your blog and read the news. We'll keep you guys in our prayers!

I'm glad you guys are getting all settled into Montrose! Hopefully we can plan a visit within the next few months when everyone's schedules align! We were just looking at pictures last night of fun game nights at the Rhodericks! ;) Miss you guys!